Combined arms/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Combined arms, or pages that link to Combined arms or to this page or whose text .
- Military doctrine : The fundamental principles of a military organization.
- Creeping barrage : Artillery fire directed just ahead of advancing friendly forces, with the intent of suppressing the defense as one's own forces took direct action against it. Introduced in the First World War, there was a very high incidence of both friendly fire and too-late fire, until precision time synchronization and fire control were developed.
- Marine Air-Ground Task Force : The basic structure of United States Marine Corps combined arms, task-organized units
- Coalition warfare : Military operations involving multiple countries, each with its own joint warfare and combined operations doctrines. It must resolve language, cultural, electronic communications, and policy differences.
- Joint warfare : Military operations by distinctly different arms of service (e.g., army, navy, long-range air forces, special operations) acting under common direction, with deconfliction and mutual support