Collision avoidance (transportation)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Collision avoidance (transportation): Add brief definition or description
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Safety : Add brief definition or description
- Transportation : Operation of moving people or goods from one place to another using vehicles, aircraft, or shipping, via infrastructure such as roads, railways, sea lanes, pipelines, air routes and space.
- Automatic identification system : A system, aboard ships and boats, that combines marine radio transmitters and receivers, Global Navigation Satellite System receivers, and computer control into a self-organizing, mobile network in which vessels are inform nearby traffic, potential collision hazards, and navigational information
- Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System : A self-organizing (i.e., not dependent on central controllers) system of computers and radios, installed in aircraft, which become aware of nearby airplanes and both warn of potential collisions and give each airplane an appropriate evasive maneuver