Charles Krulak/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Charles Krulak, or pages that link to Charles Krulak or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Charles Krulak. Needs checking by a human.
- Chu Lai : Originally built as a logistical facility for U.S. forces in Danang, it is now an economic development zone in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, encouraging both domestic and foreign business development under the doi moi economic reforms
- Commandant of the Marine Corps : Senior uniformed officer of the United States Marine Corps and member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; responsible for doctrinal development, and preparing and training forces, for deployment to Unified Combatant Commands
- Foreign Service Officer : Career diplomat of the United States
- Mendenhall-Krulak mission : A 1963 U.S. investigating mission to South Vietnam, to assess the political and military situation there, by a career diplomat and a major general, who came up with radically different views of the situation.
- U.S. support to South Vietnam before Gulf of Tonkin : A period of overt advisory and combat support by the U.S. to South Vietnam, from roughly 1962 to mid-1964
- United States Marine Corps : A branch of the United States Armed Forces, with primary responsibilities as naval infantry and in amphibious warfare, are organized in Marine Air-Ground Task Forces capable of serving as up to corps headquarters with integrated close air support
- Victor Krulak : Rising to lieutenant general before retiring from the United States Marine Corps as commander of Fleet Marine Force, Pacific (FMFPAC), he was a decorated battalion commander in the Second World War, and then rose in command and staff assignments, becoming the first Special Assistant for Counterinsurgency and Special Activities, and thus a key advisor in the early parts of the Vietnam War. His son, GEN Charles Krulak, became Commandant of the Marine Corps