Charles Francis Adams Sr./Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Charles Francis Adams Sr., or pages that link to Charles Francis Adams Sr. or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Charles Francis Adams Sr.. Needs checking by a human.
- 36th United States Congress : The session of the U.S. Congress, between March 4, 1859 to March 3, 1861, during the last two years of the administration of U.S. President James Buchanan.
- 37th United States Congress : U.S. Congress seated March 4, 1861 to March 3, 1863, the first two years of President Abraham Lincoln's first term.
- Abraham Lincoln : (1809-65) Born in Illinois, President of the United States during the American Civil War.
- American Civil War : Major war 1861-65 fought over slavery in which the U.S. defeated the secessionist Confederate States of America.
- Free Soil Party : Short-lived U.S. political party opposing expansion of slavery; it ran presidential candidates in 1848 and 1852.
- Henry Adams : (1838-1918) An American author and historian.
- John Quincy Adams : (1767-1848) was the sixth president of the United States (1825-1829), and the son of President John Adams (1797-1801).
- Martin Van Buren : (1782-1862) An American politician and President of the United States (1837-1841).
- U.S. Civil War, Origins : The U.S. Civil War emerged from the expansion of slavery in the U.S. and its implication in all aspects of U.S. society, economy, and politics.