Cerastes cerastes/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Cerastes cerastes, or pages that link to Cerastes cerastes or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Cerastes cerastes. Needs checking by a human.
- Cerastes (genus) : A venomous member of the genus Cerastes, found in the deserts and semi-deserts of northern North Africa eastward through Arabia and Iran.
- Cerastes gasperettii : A venomous member of the genus Cerastes, found in the Middle East from Israel to Iran, and especially in the Arabian Peninsula.
- Cerastes vipera : A venomous member of the genus Cerastes, found in the deserts of North Africa and the Sinai Peninsula.
- Echis : Quick-tempered viper genus of Africa, the Middle East, India and Sri Lanka that produce hemotoxic venom.
- List of viperine species and subspecies : Add brief definition or description
- Pseudocerastes : Monotypic genus created for a venomous viper species, P. persicus, found throughout the Middle East and as far east as Pakistan, but not on the African mainland.
- Snake venom : Highly modified toxic saliva containing hydrolithic enzymes, polypeptide complexs, nucleases, and peptidases, that is produced by special glands of certain species of snakes.
- Snakebite : Wound resulting from penetration of the flesh by the fangs or teeth of a snake.