From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Voting: Citizens are asked to list -- in order of preference -- all candidates whom they approve (and only those).
- This list may contain all candidates or may be empty, too.
- Approval threshold: In a first step all candidates are removed from the ballot who have not gained minimum support (25 percent).
- The threshold is to be calculated from the number of ballots cast.
- Election result: The remaining candidates are ordered according to the number of votes gained. If seats remain vacant they shall be filled in a special election (three months later). Remaining candidates may serve as reserve members.