CZ:Managing Editor/2012/003 - Responsibility for the Citizendium blog
- 1 Statement of problem
- 2 Formal restatement of problem
- 3 Existing applicable policy
- 4 Draft decision
- 5 Decision
- 6 Post-decision comments
- 7 Categories
Statement of problem
Please be brief and specific in your request (polar questions are best) and add relevant links if available. Please state a time frame in which you expect a decision.
- Both the Editorial Council and the Management Council have passed motions to that call for a restart of the Citizendium blog, asking the Managing Editor to take responsibility for its operation. Is there any reason why the Managing Editor should refuse to fulfill this request? --Daniel Mietchen 09:00, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
Formal restatement of problem
This section defines the section structure of the decision.
Existing applicable policy
- The Managing Editor has the following duties:
- to ensure by means of executive decisions that the principles and policies of the Citizendium are effectively and coherently observed; such decisions shall be based on established policy where defined;
- to make interim decisions on behalf of the Editorial and Management Councils when established policy does not provide guidance; these decisions shall be overridden by the establishment of relevant policy;
- to represent the Citizendium in its relations with external bodies, such as the mass media, and academic or non-academic institutions.
Decisions by the governing bodies
- EC:D-2012-003/ CZ blog, 29 January 2012:
The Citizendium blog has not been used since September 2010, but it could serve as a useful medium for internal and external communication It could be used
- to report Citizendium issues to the public,
- to record and comment external views of Citizendium, and
- to announce and document important events for the community.
Therefore the Editorial Council suggests that the Citizendium blog is revived, and that the Managing Editor is asked if he is willing to take the responsibility for the blog.
- 2012-005, 2 February 2012
The Management Council requests the ME to become the primary CZ blog author. This request has the following caveats:
- The CZ blog is Wordpress based, not wiki based. Technical staff will not install a wiki based blog in the foreseeable future.
- The ME will use the blog only to discuss Citizendium related issues.
- Blog posts are official Citizendium communications and must conform to all Citizendium policies.
The text below is what I plan to decide in this case. Feel free to edit the text if you think this improves it. If your edits require discussion, please use the dedicated section below. Editing and discussion in this "Draft decision" section shall stop 24h after my last edit to it.'
No. The Managing Editor is the appropriate person to oversee the blog, and the imposed limitations are reasonable. --Daniel Mietchen 09:00, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
Discussion of Draft decision
When reading or editing this section, please keep in mind that the current version of the draft decision might be different from the one referred to by previous commenters.