CZ:Literature Workgroup/Russian literature
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Anton Chekhov: Add brief definition or description
- : (1821-81) Russian writer; wrote Crime and Punishment, The Possessed, The Idiot and The Brothers Karamazov along with other well-known works.
- Alexander Pushkin: Add brief definition or description
- Leo Tolstoy: (1828-1910) A Russian author, often called the "greatest of all novelists"; wrote War and Peace.
- : (1809-52) Russian Realist writer; wrote Dead Souls and The Overcoat.
- : (1814-41) Russian novelist and a leading Romantic poet; wrote A Hero of Our Time.
- Boris Pasternak: Add brief definition or description
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn: Add brief definition or description
- : (1818-83) Russian novelist, dramatist, and short story writer who favored Westernization; wrote Fathers and Sons.