CZ:Literature Workgroup/French literature
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- : 15th century French poet.
- Voltaire: The pen-name of François-Marie Arouet (1694-1778), a French writer and philosopher, who was one of the leading figures of The Enlightenment.
- Pierre Corneille: Add brief definition or description
- Molière: (January 15, 1622 – February 17, 1673) French 17th-century playwright and actor, author of many comedies.
- : French playwright and poet, 1639—1690.
- Albert Camus: (1913-60) Algerian-French existentialist philosopher and novelist; classic quote is "The only serious philosophical problem is that of suicide" (i.e., is life meaningful?)