CZ:Literature Workgroup/Children's and young adult literature
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Louisa May Alcott: (1832-88) American writer; best known for her autobiographical novel Little Women.
- L. Frank Baum: Add brief definition or description
- Lewis Carroll: The pen-name of Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (1832-1898), British mathematician and author of children's books (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass, The Hunting of the Snark).
- Roald Dahl: Add brief definition or description
- Joel Chandler Harris: Add brief definition or description
- Rudyard Kipling: (1865-1936) British poet, short story writer, and novelist, though best known for his children's classics, the Just So Stories and the Jungle Books.
- Beatrix Potter: Add brief definition or description
- J. K. Rowling: (1965–) Author of the bestselling Harry Potter fantasy novels.
- Anna Sewell: Add brief definition or description
- Dr. Seuss: (Theodor Seuss Geisel, 1904-91) Extremely popular American writer of children's books, including books designed to teach reading.
- Mark Twain: (1835-1910) Pen name of Samuel Clemens, a leading American novelist and humorist of the late 19th century.