See something needing your input? Click here to Join us in providing quality, expert-guided information to the public for free!
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
|History article||All articles||To Approve||Editors: active / inactive|
|Approved ||Mailing list:|
|Checklist-generated categories: Underlinked | Cat Check | Cleanup ||
Subpage categories: Definitions | Related Articles (to check) | Bibliography | External Links | Gallery | Video
Missing subpage categories: Definitions | Related Articles | Bibliography | External Links
The History Workgroup creates and improves articles related to history, historiography, and the history discipline. Authors and editors interested in all areas of history are welcomed in this group. If you wish to be an author in this field, please add yourself to Category:History Authors by adding [[Category:History Authors]] to your user page. You free to start right in improving our articles. If you meet the requirements to be a Citizendium Editor for this workgroup, please follow the directions found here.
If you are writing in the History Workgroup, please contribute to the style guide for history articles. Please also follow our agreed style. Thanks.
In the list of articles below, the existence of an approved version is indicated by italics.
If you want to import one of these articles from Wikipedia, please read CZ:How to convert Wikipedia articles to Citizendium articles first. In particular, please do not import WP articles unless you plan on beginning work on them "within the hour" as the article says.
Main subject areas
History | Social history | History of economic thought | History of pre-classical economic thought | Political history | History of Science | History of Technology | Military history | Women's history | World history | Leaders |
Prehistory to Middle Ages
Renaissance to Industrial Age
China, history | History of the United Kingdom | France, history | Germany, history | India, history | Italy, history | Japan, history | Poland, history | Russia, history | U.S., history | History of Ireland | Australia, history
- Winston Churchill : (1874 -1965) WWI Colonial Secretary and First Lord of the Admiralty; Prime Minister of the United Kingdom who led Britain to victory over Nazi Germany in World War II; Nobel Prize in Literature as a historian
- Marc Bloch : French historian and cofounder of the Annales School of French social history.
- Fernand Braudel : The foremost French historian of the postwar (WWII) era, and a leader of the Annales School.
- Lucien Febvre : French historian and cofounder of the Annales School of French social history.
- Martin Creveld : Add brief definition or description
- Michael Oren : Israeli Ambassador to the U.S (2009-); previously Shalem Center historian and author, Israeli Defense Forces officer; former U.S.-Israel dual citizen
- Merle Curti : (1897–1997) American "Progressive" historian and a leader in social and intellectual history.
- Frederick Jackson Turner : (1861–1932) Influential early 20th century American historian. Formulated the Turner Thesis (Also known as the Frontier Theory)
- Charles A. Beard : (1874–1948) one of the most influential American historians of the early 20th century; leader of the "Progressive School" of historiography.
- James Ford Rhodes : Add brief definition or description
- Albert J. Beveridge : Historian and United States Senator from Indiana, widely known as a foremost American imperialist.
- James Randall : Add brief definition or description
- Allen Nevins : Add brief definition or description
- Henry Steele Commanger : Add brief definition or description
- Benjamin P. Thomas : Add brief definition or description
- Richard Hofstadter : (1916–1970) Pulitzer Prize-winning American historian at Columbia University.
- Bruce Catton : Add brief definition or description
- Albert Thayer Mahan : Add brief definition or description
- Samuel Eliot Morison : Professional historian who wrote the official history of U.S. Navy operations in the Second World War, rising to reserve rear admiral
- David M. Potter : (1910–1971) Pulitzer Prize-winning American history professor at Yale and Stanford.
- Kenneth M. Stampp : Add brief definition or description
- Benjamin Quarles : Add brief definition or description
- Richard N. Current : Add brief definition or description
- Don E. Fehrenbacher : Add brief definition or description
- Arthur E. Schlesinger Sr. : Add brief definition or description
- Arthur E. Schlesinger Jr. : Add brief definition or description
- John Hope Franklin : Add brief definition or description
- David Herbert Donald : Add brief definition or description
- James M. McPherson : Add brief definition or description