Bruce MacDonald/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Bruce MacDonald, or pages that link to Bruce MacDonald or to this page or whose text .
- Extrajudicial detention, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : Policies and practices relevant to detention in intelligence and military facilities, the latter when no prisoner of war status was granted
- Military Commissions Act of 2006 : U.S. law authorizing the President or Secretary of Defense to create tribunals for determining the prisoner of war status of persons captured as non-national combatants, and to try them, outside the regular judicial system, for war crimes
- Guantanamo Bay detention camp : A military-operated extrajudicial detention facility created by the George W. Bush Administration for selected captives apprehended during the war on terror; ordered closed by the Obama administration but apparently will remain in operation indefinitely
- Judge Advocate General Corps : In the U.S. military, the branch, in the Army, Navy or Air Force, in which military lawyers are commissioned
- Vice admiral : Usually the second-highest military rank of admiral in Naval service, often called "three-star", equivalent to ground/air force lieutenant general