Brimstone missile/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Brimstone missile, or pages that link to Brimstone missile or to this page or whose text .
- Air-to-surface missile : Launched from an fixed-wing aircraft or helicopter, missiles of this category have a wide variety of ranges, sensors, autonomy vs. man-in-the-loop control, warheads, and need for battle damage assessment
- MBDA : Originally Italian, and now a multinational European military manufacturer
- AGM-114 Hellfire : A U.S. Army guided missile, fired from attack helicopters, Air Force and CIA unmanned aerial vehicles and ground platforms against tanks and other armored vehicles, bunkers, "soft" vehicles, and cave targets.
- Royal Air Force : The British military service primarily responsible for air warfare
- Panavia Tornado : A fighter aircraft, with several versions, built by a European consortium and used by a number of nations.
- Fire and forget : A precision-guided munition that needs no guidance information from its launching platform once released
- Imaging infrared guidance : Add brief definition or description
- Imaging millimeter wave guidance : Add brief definition or description
- Joint Air to Ground Missile : Add brief definition or description
- Hard target penetrator : A bomb or warhead intended to penetrate rock, concrete or armor before exploding
- Anti-tank warfare : The practice of measures, on or adjacent to the battlefield, to damage or destroy armored fighting vehicles including tanks, or to interfere with the ability of those vehicles to move on that battlefield