Brian Drinkwine/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Brian Drinkwine, or pages that link to Brian Drinkwine or to this page or whose text .
- United States Army : Branch of the United States Armed Forces with the principal responsibility of conducting large-scale ground combat
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
Topics of research
- Osama bin Laden : Radical jihadist who, with Ayman al-Zawahiri, founded a group known as al-Qaeda, which is credited with a series of terrorist attacks.
- Ayman al-Zawahiri : Generally considered the #2 leader of al-Qaeda, an Egyptian physician who was mentored, in a faction of the Muslim Brotherhood, by Sayyid Qutb
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi : A Salafist theologian with much influence on Jihad, currently in Jordan; some affiliation with al-Qaeda but not necessarily in full agreement with their approach
- Abu Basir al-Tartusi : A Syrian-born Salafist theologian, living in London, highly visible on the Internet and a prominent pro-jihad theoretician
- Abu Qatada al-Filistini : A Salafist cleric, named by the United Nations Security Council as a financial supporter of al-Qaeda and the Algerian jihadist groups, under house arrest in London
- Abd al-Qadir bin ‘Abd al-‘Aziz : A Salafist scholar who was the first leader of Egyptian Islamic Jihad, and an opponent, within jihadist circles, of Ayman al-Zawahiri
- Radicalization : Political choices that grow from a sense, by individuals (i.e., self-radicalization) or groups in a society, that peaceful methods have brought no political dividends in terms of goals they consider legitimate