Blood diamonds/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Blood diamonds, or pages that link to Blood diamonds or to this page or whose text .
- Transnational spillover from weak and failed states : The negative effects of weak and failed states on more successful countries and international economics
- Economic warfare : The use of principally non-military methods to impose national policy, when those methods deal in the broad sense of economics, such as embargoes, freezing assets, and buying up raw materials. It may be complemented by military means such as intercepting supply shipments or attacking factories.
- Informal value transfer system : Culturally-specific system of transferring money or other value through trusted intermediaries outside the banking system, and thus hidden from many techniques of financial intelligence collection
- Angola : A country in southern Africa, and Africa's largest Portuguese-speaking state.
- Diamond : A stable allotrope of carbon where the carbon atoms are arranged in an isometric-hexoctahedral crystal lattice, commonly used in industrial applications and jewelry.
- Liberia : Republic located on the west coast of Africa, bounded by Guinea in the north, Ivory Coast in the east and Sierra Leone in the north-west.
- Sierra Leone : Former British colony on the coast of West Africa, extremely rich in resources including blood diamonds, temperate climate, but failed state due to repeated civil wars and banditry; capital, Freetown, was a significant convoy port in WWII
- Tanzanite : Add brief definition or description
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- U.S. intelligence and transnational crime and drugs : Activities of the United States intelligence community that are concerned with transnational crime and the drug trade, beyond the jurisdiction of domestic law enforcement
- Organization of the Islamic Conference : Add brief definition or description
- Economic Community of West African States : An active sub-continental organization for economic development and conflict resolution
- Douglas Farah : Journalist and researcher on terrorism and the drug trade, who wrote for UPI and the Washington Post before focusing on research and consultancy