- The content on this page originated on Wikipedia and is yet to be significantly improved. Contributors are invited to replace and add material to make this an original article.
| Bitis worthingtoni|
Currently, this species is not be listed by the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species or on any of the CITES Appendices, but in 2004 a proposal was submitted by Kenya to have it listed on CITES Appendix II. The status of the species is unknown, but it is reasoned that this is justified due to its restricted geographic range, habitat loss, demand by reptile collectors and the existence of illegal trade.
- McDiarmid RW, Campbell JA, Touré T. 1999. Snake Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, vol. 1. Herpetologists' League. 511 pp. ISBN 1-893777-00-6 (series). ISBN 1-893777-01-4 (volume).
- Mallow D, Ludwig D, Nilson G. 2003. True Vipers: Natural History and Toxinology of Old World Vipers. Krieger Publishing Company, Malabar, Florida. 359 pp. ISBN 0-89464-877-2.
- Spawls S, Branch B. 1995. The Dangerous Snakes of Africa. Ralph Curtis Books. Dubai: Oriental Press. 192 pp. ISBN 0-88359-029-8.
- Species Bitis worthingtoni at the Species2000 Database
- Bitis worthingtoni (TSN 634961) at Integrated Taxonomic Information System. Accessed 5 April 2007.
- CoP13 at Species Survival Network. Accessed 8 October 2006.