From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Bistatic, or pages that link to Bistatic or to this page or whose text .
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Sonar : A contraction of sound navigation and ranging, formally includes the active mode in which a pulse goes out and a receiver measures the echo. Also includes hydrophones or passive, listen-only systems.
- Radar altimeter : Altimeter which calculates altitudes, by sending a radio signal straight down from an aircraft and to measure its total time of travel to the surface and back to the aircraft.
- Frequency modulation : Technique for imposing information onto a electromagnetic signal of constant frequency -- the "carrier wave".
- Modulation : The process of varying one waveform in relation to another waveform.
- Multistatic : Radar, sonar, or other echolocation systems with more than two transmitting and two receiving antennas; fault-tolerant and resistant to stealth and electronic warfare
- Time synchronization : Add brief definition or description