Battle of Kunduz/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Battle of Kunduz, or pages that link to Battle of Kunduz or to this page or whose text .
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- Northern Alliance : A military alliance against the Taliban in Afghanistan's civil war, which, with U.S. assistance, drove it from power in the Afghanistan War (2001-)
- Taliban : Salafist Islamic militia, governing Afghanistan 1996–2001; still fighting in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Kunduz Province : A province of Afghanistan, bordered on the north by Tajikistan, on the east by Balkh Province, on the south by Baghlan Province and on the west by Takhar Province; Kunduz city is the capital
- Sheberghan : The capital of Jowzjan Province in northern Afghanistan, on the national ring road, which was the site of a large prison run by Abdul Rashid Dostum
- Qali-i-Jangi : A stronghold of Abdul Rashid Dostum near Mazar-e-Sharif in Afghanistan, where a prisoner revolt, with many casualties, took place in November 2001
- Dasht-i-leili : A desert area in Kunduz Province of Afghanistan, where mass graves have been found, possibly as a result of killings of prisoners