Many thanks September donors. October donations open to all users. - Donate here
Battle of Bong Son/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes and topics related to Battle of Bong Son, or pages that link to Battle of Bong Son or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Battle of Bong Son. Needs checking by a human.
- 1st Cavalry Division : A heavy division of the United States Army, partially deployed to Baghdad; part of III Corps at Fort Hood, Texas
- AC-47 : A cargo aircraft, with a battery of high-volume automatic weapons, for close air support; the prototype of modern fixed-wing gunships such as the AC-130
- Air assault : Military operations in which infantry are carried by aircraft onto, or very near, the target, or by parachuting. The aircraft may be helicopters, tilt-rotor aircraft, short-landing transports, or, historically, gliders.
- Battle of the Ia Drang : First divisional-scale battle involving helicopter-borne air assault troops, with U.S. forces against those of North Vietnam
- Chu Huy Man : A Senior General of the People's Army of Viet Nam, he was its first division commander, at the Battle of the Ia Drang. He later was a member of the Politburo of the Communist Party of Vietnam
- General Offensive-General Uprising : A series of strategic concepts, still not fully understood in the West, from the Politburo of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, differing from Chinese and Soviet doctrine, and focused on creating the conditions for victory in first 1965, and then 1968. The eventual execution did not succeed, and caused a change in strategic direction, as well as shifts in power in the Party, after the Tet Offensive.
- Joint warfare in South Vietnam 1964-1968 : The period of the Vietnam War in which large numbers of foreign ground troops, primarily but not exclusively U.S., allied with the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam against the People's Army of Viet Nam and the Viet Cong
- Rotary wing aircraft : Aircraft, especially a helicopter, that is kept partially or completely airborne by airfoils rotating around a vertical axis.
- Stanley Larsen : Lieutenant general of the U.S. Army, who commanded II Field Force of the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam, a corps-sized unit in the Central Highlands, during the buildup of U.S. ground forces in the Vietnam War. He later commanded the Sixth United States Army in the Presidio of San Francisco.
- United States Army Special Forces : United States Army organization originally created to train and lead guerrillas, highly qualified to work with other cultures; acquired additional missions including foreign internal defense, direct action (military), special reconnaissance, counterterrorism, etc.
- Vietnam War military technology : Military technology in support of ground operations, including helicopters and air assault, either associated with or introduced in Vietnam, between 1962 and 1975
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Vietnamese Communist grand strategy : Add brief definition or description
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China