Battle of 73 Easting/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Battle of 73 Easting, or pages that link to Battle of 73 Easting or to this page or whose text .
- Operation DESERT SABRE : That part of the Gulf War that began when conventional units of the Coalition crossed the Kuwaiti or Iraqi border, and ended with the cease-fire.
- H. R. McMaster : Brigadier general, United States Army, Director, Concepts Development and Experimentation, Army Capabilities Integration Center, U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command; commanded 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment at Tal Afar; commander at Battle of 73 Easting; historian and author of Dereliction of Duty, a major work on decisionmaking during the Vietnam War; fellow, Hoover Institution, 2002-2003; member, Council on Foreign Relations
- M1 Abrams (tank) : Heavily armed and armored but expensive and heavy, main battle tank, designed for the United States Army, and used by the United States Marine Corps and several allies; proven from the Gulf War onwards.
- M2 Bradley (armored fighting vehicle) : A family of armored fighting vehicles, with roles including infantry fighting vehicle, scouting, forward observer, and other functions in a platform sufficiently survivable to accompany the M1 Abrams tank, although needing more protection
- M901A3 improved TOW vehicle : Mechanically based on the M113 armored personnel carrier, a lightly armored combat vehicle for firing BGM-71 TOW heavy antitank missiles