Bass guitar/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Bass guitar, or pages that link to Bass guitar or to this page or whose text .
- Music : The art of structuring time by combining sound and silence into rhythm, harmonies and melodies.
- Musical instrument : An object constructed or used for the purpose of making music.
- Popular culture : Commercialised folk culture that exists for the masses; opposite of high culture.
- Electric guitar : Add brief definition or description
- Acoustic guitar : Add brief definition or description
- 3rd Bridge : Add brief definition or description
- Fretless guitar : Add brief definition or description
- Guitar amplifier : Add brief definition or description
- Guitar effects : Add brief definition or description
- Guitar harmonics : Add brief definition or description
- Guitar solo : A melodic passage, section, or entire piece of music written for an electric guitar or an acoustic guitar.
- Luthier : Add brief definition or description
- Octave twelve : Add brief definition or description
- Prepared guitar : Add brief definition or description
- Steel-string acoustic guitar : Add brief definition or description
- Stringed instrument tunings : Add brief definition or description
- Tablature : Add brief definition or description
- Tonewood : Add brief definition or description
- Band (musical ensemble) : A group of two or more musicians who perform instrumental or vocal music.
- Blues : A music genre based on the use of the blues chord progressions (I-IV-V) and blue notes.
- Classic rock : A radio format usually encompassing the mid-1960s to early 1980s years with an emphasis on guitar based bands such as Led Zeppelin or Bad Company. Since the 1980s, classic rock has also been used to loosely describe a genre of music redolent of the radio format.
- Heavy metal (music) : Heavy metal (often referred to simply as metal) is a popular genre of rock music that evolved in the late 1960s and early 1970s, from heavy blues and psychedelic rock.
- Popular music : Music that is accessible to the general public and disseminated by one or more of the mass media.
- Rock and roll : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Rock and roll (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Rock band : A musical group with plays rock and roll, rock and pop music.
- Rock music : A form of popular music with a prominent vocal melody, accompanied by guitar, drums, and bass, usually with a strong back beat, which evolved from earlier rock and roll and rockabilly music styles.
- Rock 'n' roll : A form of popular music that evolved in the United States in the late 1940s and early 1950s, from rhythm and blues, country, and folk.
- Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time : A 2003 compilation in Rolling Stone magazine, which counted down the top 100 guitarists of all time.
- VH1's 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs : A 2008 program on VH1 Classic, which counted down the top 100 greatest hard rock songs of all time.
- Bill Bonham : (27 September 1950 — 24 August 2015) English multi-intrumentalist, a distant cousin of John Bonham, known for his involvement in many 1960s Midland bands including Obs-Tweedle.
- Mike Huckabee : Former Governor of Arkansas and conservative talk show host.
- John Paul Jones (musician) : (b. John Baldwin, 3 January 1946), English musician, composer, arranger, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist musician. Best known as the bass guitarist and keyboardist for Led Zeppelin.
- Jimmy Page : (b. 9 January 1944) English session guitarist and founder of influential group Led Zeppelin, known for his production techniques and blues influenced lead guitar soloing.