Barometric formula/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Barometric formula, or pages that link to Barometric formula or to this page or whose text .
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Atmospheric science : The umbrella term for the study of the Earth's atmosphere.
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Boltzmann constant : The physical constant relating energy at the particle level with temperature observed at the bulk level.
- Boltzmann distribution : Expression for the relative probability that a subsystem of a physical system in thermal equilibrium has a certain energy.
- Earth's atmosphere : An envelope of gas that surrounds the Earth and extends from the Earth's surface out thousands of kilometres, becoming increasingly thinner (less dense) with distance but always held in place by Earth's gravitational pull.
- Atmospheric lapse rate : Refers to the change of an atmospheric variable with a change of altitude, the variable being temperature unless specified otherwise (such as pressure, density or humidity).