Baldur von Schirach/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Baldur von Schirach, or pages that link to Baldur von Schirach or to this page or whose text .
- National Socialism : The totalitarian ideology espoused by Adolf Hitler and the German Nazi Party; its program was first stated formally in 1920, drafted by Hitler, Gottfried Feder and Anton Drexler
- Sturmabteilung : The Nazi "brownshirt" paramilitary organization, also known as the SA
- Hitler Youth : The male youth organisation of the German Nazi Party during the years of the Third Reich.
- International Military Tribunal (Nuremberg) : Conducted by the four major Allied powers in Europe, this proceeding tried the designated Major War Criminals of Nazi Germany, as well as determining whether certain Nazi organizations were to be considered as criminal conspiracies to which membership was a crime von Schirach was tried and given a 20 year sentence.
- Ernst Roehm : (1887-1934) Career military officer; early Nazi and closest friend of Adolf Hitler, and the operational leader, in the 1930s, of the Sturmabteilung ("Storm Troops"; “Brownshirts”, SA); revolutionary who emphasized socialism in National Socialism; purged and killed 1934, as part of the Night of the Long Knives Youth training had been an SA responsibility, but von Schirach was autonomous of Roehm one year after being appointed Reich Youth Leader. He said his SA rank was honorary and he did not have an SA uniform until 1933