BaE Systems Nimrod/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to BaE Systems Nimrod, or pages that link to BaE Systems Nimrod or to this page or whose text .
- Intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance : The synchronization of information collection and analysis, variously to gain strategic understanding, to detect anomalies, or to actively probe for information
- Undersea warfare : A broad term for naval operations go below the surface of the sea, including submarines, anti-submarine warfare, unmanned underwater vehicles, combat divers, and mine warfare
- Royal Air Force : The British military service primarily responsible for air warfare
- BAE Systems Nimrod MRA4 : Most recent maritime patrol aircraft variant of the BaE Systems Nimrod
- BAE Systems Nimrod R1 : Signals intelligence variant of the BaE Systems Nimrod aircraft, flown by the Royal Air Force
- Sonobuoy : Air-dropped, expendable sensors for anti-submarine warfare
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Magnetic anomaly detection : (MAD) A technique for locating submerged submarines from antisubmarine warfare helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft; short-range and used for final localization, complementing sonar, before weapons release
- Signals intelligence : the practice of acquiring information through monitoring the electromagnetic signals deliberately trasmitted by an opponent, including communications (COMINT) and non-communications electronics such as radar (ELINT).