BaE Systems ALARM/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to BaE Systems ALARM, or pages that link to BaE Systems ALARM or to this page or whose text .
- Anti-radiation missile : A guided missile that attacks radar transmitters
- Guided missile : A weapon that flies through air or space, under its own power, which adjusts its course to hit its target.
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Suppression of enemy air defense : Military actions taken to reduce the effectiveness, or destroy, the radars, radio and other communications links, surface-to-air missiles, anti-aircraft artillery, fighter aircraft and their airbases and command posts of air defense systems
- Air warfare planning : The set of doctrines and procedures for carrying out all types of air warfare, as an integrated whole
- AGM-88 HARM : A specialized anti-radiation missile used by U.S., Italian, and German aircraft to attack air defense radar
- Integrated air defense system : An air defense that combines radar, anti-aircraft artillery, surface-to-air missiles, and fighter aircraft, presenting multiple layers of defense under systematic command and control
- Matra Armat : A French-developed anti-radiation missile, optimized for long-range strike against enemy radars, rather than the escort/self-defense mode of the U.K. BaE Systems ALARM and U.S. AGM-88 HARM
- Panavia Tornado : A fighter aircraft, with several versions, built by a European consortium and used by a number of nations.