From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Hard target penetrator : A bomb or warhead intended to penetrate rock, concrete or armor before exploding
- Precision-guided munition : A powered or unpowered weapon that adjusts its flight path to hit a specific target, with a circular error probability in the low number of meters, often less than the radius of destruction
- Insensitive high explosives : Explosives, principally for military use, which have an extremely low probability of detonating accidentally or other than as intended in a specific application; not easily converted to improvised explosive devices, will not detonate when engulfed in fire, and, when used in the high explosive initator of a nuclear weapon, unable to trigger fission unless precisely triggered
- Thermobaric explosives : A member of the class of highly energetic materials and the subclass of volumetric explosives, which appear to release additional combustion energy in addition to the detonation energy of conventional explosives
- BLU-113 : 5000 pound class hard target penetrator warhead, used with GBU-24 and GBU-27 laser guidance and FMU-143 fuze
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- F-15E Strike Eagle : A variant of the F-15 Eagle air superiority fighter, which is optimized for all-weather attack on ground targets
- B-2 Spirit : U.S. long-range, low-observability "stealth" heavy bomber
- F-16 Fighting Falcon : A relatively lightweight land-based multirole fighter, developed by the United States Air Force; co-produced with Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway and Portugal; operated by many nations and to be replaced by the F-35A Lightning II. The F-16CJ model is optimized for SEAD.
- Multiple Round Simultaneous Impact : A technique in which a single cannon can put a burst of multiple projectiles in the air, with trajectories calculated such that they will impact near-simultaneously.
- Thermite : A class of mixtures of a powdered metal and a powdered metal oxide, which, when ignited, generates extreme heat for military and civilian applications