Association of Southeast Asian Nations/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Association of Southeast Asian Nations, or pages that link to Association of Southeast Asian Nations or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Association of Southeast Asian Nations. Needs checking by a human.
- ARF (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- : Created by the Association of Southeast Asian Nations to address major regional security issues, including the relationship to the major powers both bordering on and outside the area, such as: non-proliferation, counter-terrorism, transnational crime, South China Sea and the Korean Peninsula, etc.
- CIA activities in Asia-Pacific : This is a regional-level subpage dealing with CIA intelligence and operations pertaining to the Asia-Pacific area. Large topics may be in subordinate pages.
- Counterinsurgency : Theory and practice of defeating insurgency without creating even more local resistance or strategic failures
- Doi moi : Market-oriented economic reforms, in the officially Communist Socialist Republic of Vietnam, introduced in 1986.
- Lang Son Province : A province of Vietnam, in a relatively remote area on the Chinese border, that may add transportation and tourism to its current agricultural economy
- Piracy : Violence against, or detention of, by private individuals, against aircraft or ships under national registry
- Regional Cooperation Agreement on Anti-Piracy : Starting operations in 2006, a regional anti-piracy agreement for the Strait of Malacca, involving all the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, as well as Bangladesh, China, Japan, South Korea, India and Sri Lanka
- South China Sea : A part of the Pacific Ocean surrounded by nations of Southeast Asia and East Asia, important for navigation but also for small islands over which resource and sovereignty disputes exist
- South Korea : A democratic republic in East Asia, occupying the southern half of the Korean peninsula; established in 1948 after Korea's liberation from Japanese colonial rule.
- Southeast Asia : A region of the world located on the South Eastern part of the Eurasian plate as well as the Indian subcontinent.
- Strait of Malacca : One of the world's busiest waterways, passing Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand, where piracy has been a major problem
- Thailand : Southeast Asian country (capital Bangkok), with a constitutional monarchy, often democratic government, and a relatively strong economy; population about 67 million.
- Third Indochina War : An approximate time period, with the Chinese invasions of Vietnam in 1979 and 1984 as clearly within it, and possibly extending from the first fighting between People's Army of Viet Nam and Khmer Rouge troops in 1973, to the peace treaty for Cambodia in 1991, to the last Khmer Rouge surrender in 1999.
- United States Pacific Command : The U.S. Unified Combatant Command, headquartered in Hawaii, and responsible for the Pacific and East Asia
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China