Army of the Republic of Viet Nam motivation/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Army of the Republic of Viet Nam motivation, or pages that link to Army of the Republic of Viet Nam motivation or to this page or whose text .
- Military sociology : The study of the motivations and interactions of soldiers as members of military organizations
- Army of the Republic of Viet Nam : A term describing both the ground force specifically, and the armed forces generally, of South Vietnam during the Vietnam War and Fall of South Vietnam
- Battle of Ap Bac : Fought on January 2, 1963, a small but politically significant battle of the Vietnam War, won by the Viet Cong against Army of the Republic of Viet Nam (ARVN) troops with United States Army advisors. It was significant in that the command failures were publicized to the press by John Paul Vann; denials by U.S. senior commanders started the pattern of aggressive investigative journalism
- Operation Lam Son 719 : During the process of Vietnamization, the first major ground action carried out by Army of the Republic of Viet Nam soldiers operating independently of U.S. ground troops. It was a failure.
- Anthony Zinni : A retired U.S. Marine Corps four-star general, whose assignments included heading United States Central Command and serving as a special envoy for the Israel-Palestinian process. He is strongly critical of the George W. Bush Administration and resigned, in protest, from his diplomatic role.
- Foreign internal defense : The United States military doctrine for assisting Host Nations in their counterinsurgency programs
- Hoang Xuan Lam : One of the few general officers of the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam ever relieved, in battle, for incompetence, during the Operation Lam Son 719 into Laos
- John Paul Vann : Influential field operator in the Vietnam War, first as a United States Army advisor and lieutenant colonel, who later worked for the Agency for International Development in a role with the authority of a major general