Armor-piercing, fin-stabilized, discarding-sabot/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Armor-piercing, fin-stabilized, discarding-sabot, or pages that link to Armor-piercing, fin-stabilized, discarding-sabot or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Armor-piercing, fin-stabilized, discarding-sabot. Needs checking by a human.
- Cannon : Sizable crew-served weapons, which fire projectiles through a tube called a barrel.
- M1 Abrams (tank) : Heavily armed and armored but expensive and heavy, main battle tank, designed for the United States Army, and used by the United States Marine Corps and several allies; proven from the Gulf War onwards.
- Shot : Projectiles that are made of solid metal, without an explosive filling
- Tank (military) : A large land combat vehicle that moves on continuous tracks rather than wheels, has its primary armament in a rotating armored turret, is armored against more than small arms fire, and, while it can be extremely effective in many combat situations, is optimized to kill other tanks
- Tank gun : The main weapon of a tank (military) is, at present, a gun optimized for antitank use, often firing armor-piercing, fin-stabilized, discarding-sabot ammunition, although different tanks have more or less capability against targets other than tank armor. Some tank guns also can fire missiles through the barrel. Railgun electromagnetic gun technology is actively being researched.