Armed Islamic Group/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Armed Islamic Group, or pages that link to Armed Islamic Group or to this page or whose text .
- Algeria : North African republic that constitutionally recognises Islam plus Arab and Berber ethnic groups; second-largest African nation, population about 34,000,000.
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- Terrorism : An act, with targets including civilians or civilian infrastructure, intended to create an atmosphere of fear in order to obtain a political objective.
- Ahcene Zemiri : An Algerian citizen held in extrajudicial detention at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp
- Abu Qatada al-Filistini : A Salafist cleric, named by the United Nations Security Council as a financial supporter of al-Qaeda and the Algerian jihadist groups, under house arrest in London
- Ahmed Ressam : Known as the "Millennium Bomber", an al-Qaeda member arrested at the U.S.-Canadian border carrying explosives intended for a 2000 bombing at Los Angeles International Airport; serving a sentence in U.S. prison
- Algerian Six : The "Algerian Six" were six Bosnian citizens, originally from Algeria, who were sent to the Guantanamo Bay detention camp