Apollo Moon landing hoax claims/Catalogs
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Other hoax proponents
- Charles T. Hawkins, author of How America Faked the Moon Landings (ISBN 978-0974940540).
- Sam Colby, webmaster of the NASA Scam website which, among the other things, provides information and photos of the site and the equipment said to be used for the hoax.
- Dr. David Groves, who works for Quantech Image Processing and worked on some of the NASA photos. He said he can pinpoint the exact point at which the artificial light was used. Using the focal length of the camera's lens and an actual boot, he has calculated (using ray-tracing) that the artificial light source is between 24 and 36 cm to the right of the camera.
- Gerhard Wisnewski, German publicist, author of the film "Die Akte Apollo" and the book "One small step?"
- Philippe Lheureux, French author of Moon Landings: Did NASA Lie?, and Lumières sur la Lune (Lights on the Moon): La NASA a t-elle menti!.
- James M. Collier (d. 1998), American journalist and author, producer of the video Was It Only a Paper Moon? in 1997.
- Jack White, American photo historian known for his attempt to prove forgery in photos related to the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
- Marcus Allen, British publisher of Nexus magazine said that photographs of the lander would not prove that the US put men on the Moon. "Getting to the Moon really isn't much of a problem - the Russians did that in 1959 - the big problem is getting people there." 
- Aron Ranen, director of "Did we go?" (co-produced with Benjamin Britton and selected for the 2000 "New Documentary Series" Museum of Modern Art, NYC, the 2000 Dallas Video Festival Awards and the 2001 Digital Video Underground Festival in San Francisco) who received a Golden Cine Eagle and two fellowships from the National Endowment for Arts.
People who, according to the hoax proponents, were involved in it
- Robert Gilruth, Lunar Module chief designer and Apollo Program lead. Willy Brunner and Gerhard Wisnewski claim that Gilruth "was the real film director of the Moon landing" ("war die engentliche Regisseur der Mondlandung").
- Deke Slayton, NASA Chief Astronaut in 1968: Sam Colby, and Clyde Lewis) says that Slayton was one of the primary leaders of the hoax. He visited the film set of 2001: A Space Odyssey, in the UK, which he referred to as "NASA East".
- Michael J. Tuttle: Some hoax proponents say that he took the job of producing fake photographs in 1994. Prior to the widespread availability of the internet, only a small subset of the photos currently in existence were seen. Sam Colby claims that many of the photos were created in the mid 1990s.
- Stanley Kubrick, and his younger brother Raul are accused of having produced much of the footage for Apollo 11 and 12. It has been claimed, without any evidence, that in early 1968 while 2001: A Space Odyssey (which includes scenes taking place on the Moon) was in post-production, NASA secretly approached Kubrick to direct the first three Moon landings. In this scenario the launch and splashdown would be real but the spacecraft would have remained in Earth orbit while the fake footage was broadcast as "live" from the lunar journey. Kubrick did hire Frederick Ordway and Harry Lange, both of whom had worked for NASA and major aerospace contractors, to work with him on 2001. Kubrick also used some 50mm f/0.7 lenses that were left over from a batch made by Zeiss for NASA.
- Douglas Trumbull, a visual effects designer on 2001: A Space Odyssey, is accused of leading the special effects team for the faking of the Apollo 11 and 12 missions.
- Numerous Anomalies and Scams Abound by Sam Colby
- The Apollo Hoax
- Die Akte Apollo, Westdeutscher Rundfunk, 2002
- One Small Step? by Gerhard Wisnewski, Clairview Books, 2008, ISBN 978-1905570126, p. 127
- World's biggest telescope to prove Americans really walked on Moon, The Telegraph
- The illustrated encyclopedia of space technology, by Gatland, K. W., Salamander Books, London, 1989, 303 p., ISBN 0-86101-449-9
- Apollo Truth by Sam Colby
- The New Moondoggle by Clyde Lewis
- Apollo Fake by Sam Colby
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid