From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Anycasting, or pages that link to Anycasting or to this page or whose text .
- Internet Protocol : A protocol that is used to transmit data across an Internet Protocol Suite-compatible network, "hop-by-hop" from the source host, through intermediate routers, to the destination host
- Locality of networks : The assumption, in networking technologies, about the characteristics of the user space they support, and, as importantly, the user spaces they should ignore
- Internet Protocol version 6 : The next-generation Internet Protocol, providing (among other benefits) a vastly increased address space (128bits), which should in turn provide the ability for an end-to-end Internet and allowing new models of communication to be developed.
- Domain Name System : The Internet service which translates to and from IP addresses and domain names.
- Unicasting : In computer networks, the transmission of a frame, packet, or message, which has a destination address that maps to one and only one target
- Multicasting : In networking, the transmission of a piece of information such that its destination address is recognized by multiple targets of a multicast group. Broadcasting is a special case of the multicast group, when the group contains all addresses.
- Multihoming : A wide range of techniques for providing multiple communications paths among logical or physical points in computer networks, primarily for fault tolerance but also for load distribution or traffic engineering