Anti-cruise missile missile/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Anti-cruise missile missile, or pages that link to Anti-cruise missile missile or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Anti-cruise missile missile. Needs checking by a human.
- AIM-120 AMRAAM : A high-performance. beyond-visual-range, air-to-air missile with inertial midcourse guidance and active radar terminal guidane, developed by the U.S. and used on the aircraft of a number of countries, as well as in surface-to-air missile variants
- BGM-109 Tomahawk : A U.S.-designed cruise missile, launched from vertical launch systems on ships and submarines, against land targets
- Ballistic missile : A guided missile which, once its engines stop firing, follows a generally parabolic path to its target, defined by momentum, aerodynamic resistance, and gravity
- Cruise missile defense : A set of techniques for detecting, tracking, and neutralizing cruise missiles and their launching platforms. The techniques involved include sensors, and both kinetic and nonkinetic mechanisms for disrupting the missiles and their launchers.
- Missile defense : When a "missile" is considered anything projected, with hostile intent, against a target, the defense problem is far greater than ballistic missile defense, including defense against cruise missiles and counter-rocket, artillery and mortar systems; integrated air defense systems become very complex when facing aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles, and guided missiles
- RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile : A joint U.S.-German system for final defense against supersonic, sea-skimming anti-shipping missiles such as the Russian Moskit series, generically designated by NATO as SS-N-22 SUNBURN
- Rocket science : Variously an incorrect name for various engineering disciplines in dealing with unguided rockets or the rocket engines of more intelligent vehicles, or an ironic description of something very complex or very simple (i.e., "this isn't rocket science")
- Vympel R-37 (missile) : A Russian long-range air-to-air missile, the successor to the Vympel R-33 (Western: AA-9 AMOS), succeeded by the Novator R-172