Anti-ballistic missile/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Anti-ballistic missile, or pages that link to Anti-ballistic missile or to this page or whose text .
- Ballistic missile defense : A combination of sensors, command and control systems, and missile/warhead kill mechanisms that protect a region, or, in the case of the U.S., theaters of operations as well as the nation proper.
- 51T6 (missile) : Russian endoatmospheric anti-ballistic missile used in the two-layer Moscow defense system; may have nuclear or conventional warhead; Western designation ABM-3 GAZELLE
- 53T6 (missile) : Russian exoatmospheric anti-ballistic missile, armed with a nuclear warhead and used as the upper-layer of the A-135 (system) protecting Moscow. Known in the West as ABM-4 GORGON.
- Arrow (missile) : A high-altitude anti-ballistic missile, co-developed by Israel and the United States, intended to engage theater ballistic missiles above the range of the complementary MIM-104 Patriot
- MIM-104 Patriot : Missile originally developed for medium-to-high altitude aircraft interception (SAM) use, which, while retaining that capability, is now optimized as an anti-ballistic missile (ABM) for relatively small but critical areas. The SAM versions have explosive warheads but the ABM is hit-to-kill.
- Network Centric Airborne Defense Element (missile) : An air-launched anti-ballistic missile intended for boost-phase intercept, built on largely existing components from the AIM-120 AMRAAM and AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles and AN/APG-63 radar
- RIM-161 Standard SM-3 : Theater anti-ballistic (i.e., midcourse and terminal phases) and anti-satellite missile, using hit-to-kill, launched from ships equipped with the AN/SPY-2 radar and AEGIS battle management system.
- Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (missile) : An anti-ballistic missile, developed by the U.S. Army, intended as the high-altitude tier of a layered theater ballistic missile defense system
- V-1000 (missile) : The first Soviet anti-ballistic missile, principally a prototype }
- Anti-satellite missile : A weapon, launched from inside the atmosphere, intended to destroy an orbiting satellite.
- AN/SPY-2 radar : A supplementary radar for AEGIS battle management system ships, which adds theater ballistic missile defense engagement for the RIM-161 Standard SM-3 missile
- AN/TPY-2 radar : A long-range, high-altitude X-band phased array radar for use to guide the top layer anti-ballistic missiles (i.e., THAAD) of a theater ballistic missile defense system, cueing for lower-altitude system, and as a component of national missile defense