From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Animalia, or pages that link to Animalia or to this page or whose text .
- Organism : An individual living individual: a complex, adaptive physical system that acts a integrated unit that sustains metabolism and reproduces progeny that resemble it.
- Taxonomy : The principles underlying classification, often in a hierarchy.
- Zoology : The scientific study of animals.
- Australopithecus afarensis : An extinct hominid species, which to some, is considered to be the "missing link" in human evolution.
- Aye-aye : A lemur that is the sole living member of the family Daubentoniidae.
- Brown hyaena : The only species in the genus parahyaena, found in areas of Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, Zimbabwe and south west Angola.
- Echidna (genus) : Genus of moray eels in the family Muraenidae.
- Hominid : A reduction of the term Hominidae that refers to all of the fossil and living bipedal apes including the Australopithecines, fossil members of the genus Homo and living humans.
- Hominin : Primates in the Tribe Hominini which is a relatively recent classification under which it is proposed would fall all of the fossil and living bipedal apes including the Australopithecines, fossil members of the genus Homo and living humans. It is generally replacing the term hominid in the scientific literature.
- Human : Bipedal mammalian species native to most continents and sharing a common ape ancestor with chimpanzees, gorillas and orang-utans; notable for evolving language and adapting its habitat to its own needs.
- Human anatomy : The study of shapes and structures of and within the human body.
- Human physiology : Science of the workings of the human body and its component parts, at many levels and modes of scientific investigation and at many levels in the heirarchy of the human body’s complex and changing organization.
- Hyaenidae : Breakdown of the taxonomic family Hyaenidae.
- Spotted hyaena : A carnivorous mammal and the most recognizable of the hyaena species.
- Striped hyaena : A review of habitat, range, behaviour, and diet of the striped hyaena.
- Lachesis muta : Venomous pit viper species found in South America.
- Animal : A multicellular organism that feeds on other organisms, and is distinguished from plants, fungi, and unicellular organisms.
- Anatomy : The branch of morphology given to the study of the structure of members of the biological kingdom Animalia (animals).
- Morphometry : The quantitative study of shapes.
- Musculoskeletal manipulations : Physical movement of body tissues, muscles and bones, by hands or equipment, to improve health and circulation, relieve fatigue, or promote healing.
- Neuroanatomy : The branch of anatomy that studies the anatomical organization of the nervous system.
- Plant (organism) : A eukaryotic organism, grouped into the kingdom Plantae, that typically synthesizes nutrients through photosynthesis and possesses the inability to voluntarily move.
- Symbion : Genus of aquatic animals, less than ½ mm wide, found living symbiotically to the mouthparts of cold-water lobsters, on whose leftovers it feeds.