Andy Worthington is a British historian and journalist. He has published three books, and been published in numerous publications. Worthington is a frequent contributor to the Huffington Post.
His most recent book is The Guantanamo Files: The Stories of the 774 Detainees in America's Illegal Prison. Following its publication in October 2007, Worthington has published articles supplementing the information in his book, to track new developments. Michelle Shephard, author of Guantanamo's child, when summing up other books on Guantanamo, described his book as: "Perhaps the single most important book to cover the big picture of Guantanamo" Stephen Grey, the author of Ghost Plane, writing in The New Statesman, called the book: "a powerful, essential and long-overdue piece of research".
Worthington has made numerous radio and television appearances as a commentator on Guantanamo since the publication of the book.
His two earlier books were: Stonehenge: Celebration & Subversion and The Battle of the Beanfield. The first book concerns modern celebrations at the ancient astronomical site, and the differing interpretations of modern celebrants. The second book concerns a large confrontation between police and new age celebrants traveling to Stonehenge on 1 June 1985.
Worthington recently wrote on the interrogation, as a "ghost prisoner", of Ibn Sheikh al-Libi, who was a major source of the information used to justify the Iraq War based on Iraqi weapons of mass destruction. He claims the information was coerced under torture.
- Carlotta Gall, Andy Worthington. Time Runs Out for an Afghan Held by the U.S., New York Times, 2008-02-05. Retrieved on 2009-01-05.
- Andy Worthington, The Guardian. Retrieved on 2009-01-05.
- Andy Worthington, Huffington Post. Retrieved on 2009-01-05.
- Andy Worthington (October 2007). The Guantanamo Files: The Stories of the 774 Detainees in America's Illegal Prison. Pluto Press. ISBN 0745326658.
- Michelle Shephard. Guantanamo: A place that will live in infamy, Toronto Star, 2008-11-23. Retrieved on 2008-11-23. mirror
- Stephen Grey. The Guantanamo Files: the Stories of the 774 Detainees in America's Illegal Prison, The New Statesman, 2007-12-06. Retrieved on 2008-09-28.
- Andy Worthington. About me. andyworthington.co.uk. self-published. Retrieved on 2008-04-19. mirror
- Andy Worthington. Stonehenge: Celebration & Subversion. Alternative Albion. ISBN 1872883761.
- Andy Worthington. The Battle of the Beanfield. Enabler Publications. ISBN 0952331667.