From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Organic chemistry : The scientific study of the structure, properties, composition, reactions, and preparation (by synthesis or by other means) of chemical compounds of carbon and hydrogen, which may contain any number of other elements.
- Amine : An organic chemical containing a nitrogen atom with tetrahedral arrangement of it electron pairs and its lone pair of electrons.
- Carboxylic acid : An organic acid with the formula R-COOH or R-CO2H.
- Sulfuric acid : A chemical compound with the formula H2SO4, which is the diprotic acid of the sulfate anion SO4-2. It can be classified as an inorganic strong acid which is a dense, corrosive, liquid at room temperature and pressure.
- Ester : The molecule R1AOOR2 where A is an atom and R1 and R2 are molecular groups.
- Protein : A polymer of amino acids; basic building block of living systems.