American progressivism/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to American progressivism, or pages that link to American progressivism or to this page or whose text .
- Liberalism : Economic and political doctrine advocating free enterprise, free competition and free will.
- American conservatism : A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
- Progressive Era : The period of political, administrative and social reform that began in the 1890s and ended after World War I.
- Louis D. Brandeis : (1856-1941) A highly influential American lawyer and theorist of Antitrust during the Progressive Era.
- Victor Berger : Add brief definition or description
- Merle Curti : (1897–1997) American "Progressive" historian and a leader in social and intellectual history.
- Vernon Louis Parrington : American historian, literary critic, and a leader of the Progressive movement.
- Saul Alinsky : (1909-1972) A leftist community organizer probably best known for developing procedures for groups to work the political system to their benefit, written as Rules for Radicals
- Community activism : Social process in which individuals advocate, either single or in organisations, for social progress in their localities.
- Korean War : A modern conflict (1950-1953) fought on the Korean peninsula between the US-led UN forces, and the Communist coalition of North Korea and China.
- National Lawyers Guild : Add brief definition or description
- Alexis Albion : Senior policy analyst at the Center for National Policy; professional staff member, 9-11 Commission; doctoral candidate in International History at Harvard University, specializing in intelligence history; formerly the historian of the International Spy Museum
- Robert Borosage : U.S. progressive activist and author, co-founder of Institute for America’s Future and Campaign for America’s Future
- Campaign for America’s Future : Progressive political coordination center
- Center for National Policy : A U.S. think tank and interest group of declared progressive ideology, concerned with grand strategy
- Congressional Progressive Caucus : The largest sub-caucus within the Democratic Caucus of the U.S. Congress
- Leo Gerard : President, United Steelworkers; board member, Campaign for America’s Future
- Institute for America’s Future : U.S. progressive think tank and interest group
- Think tank : An organization that presents ideas as expert analysis, the level of objectivity of which varies with the institution, but with an implication of at least some intellectual independence.