American nationalism/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to American nationalism, or pages that link to American nationalism or to this page or whose text .
- Nationalism : Strong belief that the interests of a particular nation-state are of primary importance.
- American exceptionalism : An assumption that the United States, as opposed to the majority of nations, was created based on shared ideology rather than shared history, described by G.K. Chesterton as "set forth with dogmatic and even theological lucidity in the Declaration of Independence", and described by Seymour Martin Lipset as based on liberty,egalitarianism, individualism, populism, and laissez-faire
- Jacksonian American nationalism : According to Francis Fukuyama, a branch of the U.S. foreign policy tradition of American nationalism, which emphasizes isolationism and nativism
- Neoconservatism : A political philosophy and ideology which combines many traditional conservative opinions with an emphasis on the importance of foreign policy and using American power to push democracy forward.
- Wilsonian American nationalism : Add brief definition or description
- G.K. Chesterton : (1874-1936), English writer, Christian apologist, and public figure.
- Francis Fukuyama : Professor at the School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University, author and government adviser on global development and foreign policy; in and out of neoconservatism; adjunct fellow, Hudson Institute; director, National Endowment for Democracy, New America Foundation
- Anatol Lieven : Add brief definition or description
- Seymour Martin Lipset : (March 18, 1922 - December 31, 2006) A leading American political scientist and sociologist.