American Foreign Policy Council/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to American Foreign Policy Council, or pages that link to American Foreign Policy Council or to this page or whose text .
- U.S. foreign policy : The foreign relations and diplomacy of the United States since 1775.
- Think tank : An organization that presents ideas as expert analysis, the level of objectivity of which varies with the institution, but with an implication of at least some intellectual independence.
- Central Asia : A geographic area with many definitions, one common one based on the newly independent, predominantly Muslim republics of the former Soviet Union
- Terrorism : An act, with targets including civilians or civilian infrastructure, intended to create an atmosphere of fear in order to obtain a political objective.
- China : The most populous nation on Earth, third largest by area.
- Russia : A country in northern Eurasia, with an area of 17 million km², currently the largest on our planet.
- Ballistic missile defense : A combination of sensors, command and control systems, and missile/warhead kill mechanisms that protect a region, or, in the case of the U.S., theaters of operations as well as the nation proper.
- Weapons of mass destruction : Weapons that cause death or injury not primarily through kinetic energy of projectiles or the detonation of conventional explosives, but rather produce large-scale effects greater than possible with the same weight of explosives weapons; by means heat, blast and radiation from nuclear weapon; poisoning by chemical weapon; infectious disease by biological weapons; or acute or chronic radiation syndromes from radiological weapons.
Board of Advisers
- Stephen Fausel : Fausel Foundation; Board of advisers, American Foreign Policy Council
- Newt Gingrich : Former Republican Speaker of the House; cofounder of the Conservative Opportunity Society and led the Contract with America platform statement; historian; board of advisers, American Foreign Policy Council; Guiding Coalition, Project for National Security Reform
- Fred Ikle : Researcher and professor of international affairs, especially negotiation and decisionmaking; Distinguished Scholar, Center for Strategic and International Studies; subcabinet national security official in multiple Republican administrations; advisory council, The National Interest; board of advisers, American Foreign Policy Council; Board Member, Defense Forum Foundation; Board member, U.S. Committee for Human Rights in North Korea; member Defense Policy Board; Governor, Smith Richardson Foundation; former head of the social science department of the RAND Corporation
- Robert Kasten, Jr. : Former two-term Senator from Wisconsin; board of advisers, American Foreign Policy Council
- Richard McCormack : Senior Adviser, Center for Strategic and International Studies; board of advisers, American Foreign Policy Council; Former Under Secretary of State for Economic Affairs
- Robert McFarlane : Member, Committee for the Present Danger; Board of advisers, American Foreign Policy Council; Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs to Ronald Reagan; advisor, Partnership for a Secure America
- Thomas Ridge : Board of Trustees, Institute for Defense Analyses; President & CEO, Ridge Global LLC; Board of advisers, American Foreign Policy Council; Former United States Secretary of Homeland Security; Former Governor of Pennsylvania
- William Schneider, Jr. : Chairman of the Defense Science Board; president of International Planning Services; Adjunct Fellow, Hudson Institute; board of advisers, American Foreign Policy Council; Under Secretary of State for Security Assistance, Science and Technology (1982-1986); member of the Commission to Assess the Ballistic Missile Threat to the United States (Rumsfeld Commission)
- R. James Woolsey : Annenberg Distinguished Visiting Fellow at the Hoover Institution; Director, Atlantic Council; Member, International Security Advisory Board, United States Department of State; Board of Advisors, Family Security Matters; Former Director of Central Intelligence, Bill Clinton Administration; Advisor, Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs; advisory board, American Congress for Truth; board of advisers, American Foreign Policy Council; Board, Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments; spouse of Suzanne Woolsey
- Dov Zakheim : Vice president of Booz Allen Hamilton; member, Committee for the Present Danger; Director, Atlantic Council; board of advisers, American Foreign Policy Council; Senior Advisor, Center for Strategic and International Studies; previously adjunct Senior Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations; adjunct Scholar, Heritage Foundation; Former Undersecretary of Defense (Comptroller)
- Herman Pirchner, Jr. : Add brief definition or description President, American Foreign Policy Council
- Ilan Berman : Vice President for Policy, American Foreign Policy Council; Adjunct Professor for International Law and Global Security at the National Defense University; Associated Faculty at Missouri State University's Department of Defense and Strategic Studies; member; Committee on the Present Danger; contributing expert, Ariel Center for Policy Research;Editor of The Journal of International Security Affairs; expert list, Middle East Forum
- Joshua Eisenman : Add brief definition or descriptionFellow in Asia Studies, American Foreign Policy Council
- Nancy Lubin : President of JNA Associates, Inc.; senior fellow for Eurasia, American Foreign Policy Council; Director and Principal Author of the Council on Foreign Relations Project on the Ferghana Valley; Fellow at the United States Institute of Peace and Woodrow Wilson Center for International Scholars; previously Associate Professor at Carnegie Mellon University, Project Director for the Congressional Office of Technology Assessment Senior Fellow for Eurasia, American Foreign Policy Council
- E. Wayne Merry : Add brief definition or description Senior Associate, American Foreign Policy Council
- Robert Reilly : Add brief definition or description Senior Fellow for Strategic Communications, American Foreign Policy Council
- James Robbins : Senior Fellow in National Security Affairs, American Foreign Policy Council; Senior Editorial Writer for Foreign Affairs at the Washington Times; former special assistant in the Office of the Secretary of Defense,His research interests include terrorism and national security strategy, political theory and military history; author of Last in Their Class: Custer, Pickett and the Goats of West Point
- Robert Schadler : Add brief definition or descriptionSenior Fellow in Public Diplomacy, American Foreign Policy Council
- John Wobensmith : Add brief definition or description, Senior Fellow for International Diplomacy, American Foreign Policy Council
- Stephen Yates : Senior Fellow in Asia Studies, American Foreign Policy Council; Deputy Assistant for National Security Affairs to Vice President Dick Cheney from April 2001 to September 2005; formerly Senior Policy Analyst at the Heritage Foundation after serving in the Department of Defense.
- Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation : A private American foundation, which provides funding for projects consistent with its Board's view of the Bradley brothers' view of American ideals; associated with many American conservative projects
- American Congress for Truth : An influence group strongly opposed to all aspects of militant Islam
- Center for Strategic and International Studies : A bipartisan U.S. think tank that does research and policy recommendations in international affairs, headquartered in Washington, D.C.
- Committee on the Present Danger : An interest group that has been formed periodically to draw attention to a threat to the United States
- Heritage Foundation : A Washington DC based conservative political think tank; Affiliate, Alliance Defense Fund
- Hudson Institute : A US think tank emphasizing futures studies, nonpartisan but conservative-leaning