Allen Dulles/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Allen Dulles, or pages that link to Allen Dulles or to this page or whose text .
- Office of Strategic Services : The United States' first unified agency for clandestine intelligence collection, all-source intelligence analysis and covert action
- Dwight D. Eisenhower : (1890-1969) A career soldier who was the top Allied commander in Europe in World War II, and who later served as the 34th president of the United States (1953-1961).
- William Donovan : Add brief definition or description
- John Foster Dulles : U.S. Secretary of State during most of the Eisenhower administration; adamant about containment of, rather than compromise with, Communists. Allen Dulles was his brother and Director of Central Intelligence
Second World War
- German Resistance : Individuals and groups in Nazi Germany who opposed the regime of Adolf Hitler between 1933 and 1945.
- Hans Bernd Gisevius : (1904-1974) German attorney and civil servant; member of the German Resistance assigned to Abwehr duty in Switzerland where he worked with Allen Dulles of the U.S. Office of Strategic Services (OSS); while part of 1944 assassination attempt against Hitler, managed to escape to Switzerland; testified at postwar trials
- Central Intelligence Agency : The principal civilian intelligence organization of the United States, specializing in all-source intelligence analysis, clandestine human-source intelligence, and covert action.
- U-2 Dragon Lady : A high-altitude reconnaissance aircraft that remains a key U.S. intelligence collection platform.
- Bay of Pigs : Add brief definition or description