Alan Callan/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Alan Callan, or pages that link to Alan Callan or to this page or whose text .
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- England : The largest and southernmost country in the United Kingdom, and location of the largest city and seat of government, London; population about 51,000,000.
- Business : A term that relates to the transaction of commerce.
- Music : The art of structuring time by combining sound and silence into rhythm, harmonies and melodies.
- Media : The embodiment or transmission of information, as with the arts, or radio, television, newspapers, magazines, and internet, considered collectively.
- Swan Song Records : A record label launched by the English rock band Led Zeppelin on 7 May 1974, overseen by Led Zeppelin's manager Peter Grant.
- Peter Grant : (5 April 1935 – 21 November 1995), English manager and president of Swan Song Records, he was known for his no-nonsense management style and became a role model for future music managers.
- Island Records : Add brief definition or description
- Led Zeppelin : Famous and influential English hard rock and blues group formed in 1968, known for their albums Led Zeppelin IV and Physical Graffiti, and songs 'Stairway to Heaven' and 'Whole Lotta Love'.
- Jimmy Page : (b. 9 January 1944) English session guitarist and founder of influential group Led Zeppelin, known for his production techniques and blues influenced lead guitar soloing.
- John Lennon : (born October 9, 1940; died December 8, 1980) Singer, songwriter, and rhythm guitarist for the Beatles.
- The Song Remains the Same : A 1976 concert movie on Led Zeppelin filmed in North America and Britain, directed by Joe Massot and Peter Clifton.
- San Francisco (film) : Add brief definition or description
- Simran Productions : Add brief definition or description
- Visual arts : Creative fields that produce works primarily experienced through the sense of sight.
- Sports : An activity that involves skill and physical exertion, and is governed by a generally accepted set of rules and guidelines.
- Internet : International "network of networks" that connects computers together through the Internet Protocol Suite and supports applications like Email and the World Wide Web.
- Anthony Stern : Add brief definition or description
- Pink Floyd : A widely acclaimed psychedelic rock band which originated in England in the 1960s.
- Rugby football : Any of a number of team sports which involve kicking and/or handling a ball with the purpose of territorial gain leading to the scoring of goals or points.
- Golf : Game in which the players attempt, using special clubs, to sink a small, dimpled ball into each of 18 successive holes in the fewest number of strokes.
- Olympic Games : A quadrennial multi-sport event organised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) involving athletes from around the world in both summer and winter sport editions. The summer event was first staged at Athens in 1896 as a revival of the Ancient Olympics; the winter event was first staged at Chamonix in 1924.