Air operations against North Vietnam/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Air operations against North Vietnam, or pages that link to Air operations against North Vietnam or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Air operations against North Vietnam. Needs checking by a human.
- Fast attack craft : Small naval craft, used in coastal waters, which rely on speed and maneuverability to survive to deliver heavy weapons (e.g., torpedoes, anti-shipping missiles) against warships, or to make gunfire attacks on merchant ships and landing craft
- Henry Kissinger : (1923—) American academic, diplomat, and simultaneously Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs and Secretary of State in the Nixon Administration; promoted realism (foreign policy) and détente with China and the Soviet Union; shared 1973 Nobel Peace Prize for ending the Vietnam War; Director, Atlantic Council
- Ho Chi Minh trail : A complex of roads and other facilities, from North Vietnam to South Vietnam via Laos and Cambodia, used to infiltrate military forces into the South
- Joint warfare in South Vietnam 1964-1968 : The period of the Vietnam War in which large numbers of foreign ground troops, primarily but not exclusively U.S., allied with the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam against the People's Army of Viet Nam and the Viet Cong
- Operation ROLLING THUNDER : Initial sustained U.S. air campaign against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam), based on a controversial model of retaliation and gradually increasing pressure rather than a short and intense campaign intended to destroy, not dissuade and punish
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China