Air defense artillery/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Air defense artillery, or pages that link to Air defense artillery or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Air defense artillery. Needs checking by a human.
- AN- : U.S. military nomenclature for electronic equipment, following the Joint Electronics Type Designation System
- Air tasking order : The process and documentation of plans for the coordinated use of air and missile resources, and ground systems, such as electronic warfare and intelligence collection, which may interact with them
- Air warfare planning : The set of doctrines and procedures for carrying out all types of air warfare, as an integrated whole
- Army Airspace Command and Control : A division level air defense artillery and army aviation information management system of the U.S. Army, deemphasized with the main level of control at the brigade level with a minimal air defense requirement
- Army aviation : Helicopter, light fixed-wing, and unmanned aerial vehicles intended to be under the direct control of, and immediately responsive to, ground commanders
- Battery (artillery) : The basic tactical organization for artillery units, consisting, in modern militaries, of a group of multiple rocket launchers, howitzers, or guided missile launchers that will be under common control and often fire at the same target
- Combat engineer : Ground combat troops trained and equipped to improve the mobility of one's own side by breaching enemy obstacles, building bridges, etc.; blocking enemy mobility with barriers, demolition, mine warfare, etc.
- Counter-rocket, artillery and mortar : Military equipment and techniques to detect unguided rockets, artillery shells, and mortar rounds in flight, warn friendly forces that are threatened, and, with new methods, intercept and destroy the projectiles before they can do damage
- FIM-92 Stinger : A second-generation United States Army surface-to-air missile that can be fired from a soldier's shoulder, from vehicle-mounted launchers, and, in an air-to-air missile configuration, from attack helicopters. Uses combined infrared-ultraviolet guidance to resist countermeasures.
- Forward Area Air Defense : A U.S. military command and control system for managing air defense, which includes both artillery/air deconfliction and counter-rocket, artillery and mortar missions, near the main battle line, typically under brigade control
- Forward edge of the battle area : "The foremost limits of a series of areas in which ground combat units are deployed, excluding the areas in which the covering or screening forces are operating, designated to coordinate fire support, the positioning of forces, or the maneuver of units." (U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff)
- HAVE QUICK II : A family of military UHF jam-resistant radios, intended for air-to-air and air-to-ground use
- Lightweight and special divisions interim sensor : A transportable air defense artillery tactical radar that emphasizes portability over performance
- MIM-104 Patriot : Missile originally developed for medium-to-high altitude aircraft interception (SAM) use, which, while retaining that capability, is now optimized as an anti-ballistic missile (ABM) for relatively small but critical areas. The SAM versions have explosive warheads but the ABM is hit-to-kill.
- MPQ-53 : Tracking and launch control radar for the U.S. Army MIM-104 Patriot anti-ballistic and high-altitude anti-aircraft missile
- MPQ-64 : Mobile air search radar, used by the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps, to detect aircraft, cruise missiles, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), for air defense and friendly air deconfliction
- Military police : A branch of military service, or units of that branch, which both do routine enforcement of military law within armed forces, but also provide classic police services related to the special relations of a military force to other civilian and opposing military groups: apprehension and the handling of surrendered groups, physical security, detention facilities, etc. Other branches are often responsible for intelligence, trials and interpretation of military law, and criminal investigation
- Mobile Subscriber Equipment : End user telephones and data access devices, at levels below division, by which U.S. military units connected to corps, echelons above corps, and national networks under the obsolescent TRI-TAC digital telephony architecture
- North American Air Defense Command : The joint Canada-U.S. military organization responsible for aerospace threat warning and defense for North America
- Phalanx close-in weapons system : A 20mm autocannon system originally for shipboard final defense against subsonic anti-shipping missiles, obsolescent in that role but being deployed for land-based counter-rocket, artillery and mortar (C-RAM) defense against guerrilla rockets.
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Restructuring of the United States Army : A major doctrinal and organization redesign of the United States Army, with its chief feature being moving from the division to the Brigade Combat Team and new supporting brigade structures as the basic Unit of Action
- TPQ-36 : A medium-range, with longer minimum range than the AN/TPQ-46, directional counterbattery radar in the Firefinder series, used in the counter-rocket, artillery and mortar role
- TPQ-46 : Formerly the Lightweight Countermortar Radar, a 360-degree coverage, short-range counterbattery/counter-rocket, artillery and mortar radar
- TPY-2 : A long-range, high-altitude X-band phased array radar for use to guide the top layer anti-ballistic missiles (i.e., THAAD) of a theater ballistic missile defense system, cueing for lower-altitude system, and as a component of national missile defense
- Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (missile) : An anti-ballistic missile, developed by the U.S. Army, intended as the high-altitude tier of a layered theater ballistic missile defense system