Abu Musab al-Zarqawi/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, or pages that link to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi or to this page or whose text .
- Insurgency : A wide range of political and military actions intended to change a government, through means considered illegal by that government.
- Terrorism : An act, with targets including civilians or civilian infrastructure, intended to create an atmosphere of fear in order to obtain a political objective.
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- Jordan : An Arab country of the Middle East, landlocked and bordered by Iraq, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and the West Bank of Palestine
- Iraq : Country in the Middle East, currently transitioning from rule by the US.
- Iraq War, insurgency : The period of the Iraq War following the end of major combat operations, and the beginning of significant guerrilla warfare in July - August 2003.
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : The policies and practices authorized for interrogation of suspected terrorists by the United States Department of Defense and the United States intelligence community during the George W. Bush Administration
- Abdullah Azzam : A Salafist legal scholar and jihadist, who formed the Services Office supporting the Afghanistan War (1978-92) with Osama bin Laden, one of the organizations that formed al-Qaeda
- Osama bin Laden : Radical jihadist who, with Ayman al-Zawahiri, founded a group known as al-Qaeda, which is credited with a series of terrorist attacks.
- Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi : A Salafist theologian with much influence on Jihad, currently in Jordan; some affiliation with al-Qaeda but not necessarily in full agreement with their approach
- Hiwa Abdul Rahman Rashul : A "ghost prisoner", acknowledged held by the U.S. in 2004, whose current status and whereabouts are unknown; he was not among the CIA High Value Detainees transferred to Guantanamo Bay detention camp