From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- (with Gary Schmitt) Silent warfare: understanding the world of intelligence (2002); while largely a general review, the last chapter offers challenging alternatives in models of intelligence analysis
- (With Mark Burles) Patterns in China's use of force: evidence from history and doctrinal (2000))
- Deterrence theory and Chinese behavior (2000 )
- (with Francis Fukuyama) The "virtual corporation" and army organization (1997)
- (with Gary Schmitt and the Consortium for the Study of Intelligence,The future of U.S. intelligence
- (with Jennifer Sims and the Consortium for the Study of Intelligence, What is intelligence? (1992)
- (with Alan Vick, John William Stillion) Preparing the U.S. Air Force for military operations other than war (1992)
- (with Zalmay Khalizad, Paul K. Davis) "Nuclear nonproliferation", RAND Corporation (1993) , 7 pages, The North Korean nuclear program poses a threat to the stability of Northeast Asia and to our global nonproliferation goals.
- The "Infrastructure" of Aristotle's Politics (1972)