Abdul Rashid Dostum/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Abdul Rashid Dostum, or pages that link to Abdul Rashid Dostum or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Abdul Rashid Dostum. Needs checking by a human.
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- Balkh Province : The most developed province of northern Afghanistan, whose capital is Mazar-e-Sharif; it has the key route into Uzbekistan
- Battle of Kunduz : A battle in northern Afghanistan in November 2001, the climax of the northern campaign, which involved numerous Taliban prisoner deaths, in a possible atrocity and in a prison revolt
- Ghilzai : One of the two major tribes of the Pashtun people, rivals of the Durrani who founded the monarchy and retain leadership roles
- Gulbuddin Hekmatyar : Afghan radical jihadist leader, not affiliated with the Taliban, at large in Afghanistan or Pakistan
- Hamid Karzai : President of Afghanistan, who took interim office in 2002, was reelected to a full five-year term in 2004, and gained another term after a disputed election in August 2009; Pashtun of the Durrani tribe
- Mazar-e-Sharif : Afghanistan's second-largest city, in its north
- Northern Alliance : A military alliance against the Taliban in Afghanistan's civil war, which, with U.S. assistance, drove it from power in the Afghanistan War (2001-)
- Qali-i-Jangi : A stronghold of Abdul Rashid Dostum near Mazar-e-Sharif in Afghanistan, where a prisoner revolt, with many casualties, took place in November 2001
- Sheberghan : The capital of Jowzjan Province in northern Afghanistan, on the national ring road, which was the site of a large prison run by Abdul Rashid Dostum
- Taliban in Pakistan : Activities of the Taliban movement to take political control of parts of Pakistan, rather than using Pakistan as a sanctuary to operate in Afghanistan
- Taliban : Salafist Islamic militia, governing Afghanistan 1996–2001; still fighting in Pakistan and Afghanistan.