Abdul Qadir (Afghan leader)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Abdul Qadir (Afghan leader), or pages that link to Abdul Qadir (Afghan leader) or to this page or whose text .
- Pashtun people : An Eastern Iranian ethnic group primarily located in Southern Afghanistan in the Northwest Frontier Province, Federally Administered Tribal Area and Balochistan Province of western Pakistan; language is Pashto
- Afghanistan : A Islamic republic in Central Asia, with an unstable but elected government; borders China, Iran, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan
- Nangarhar Province : A province on the east of Afghanistan, on the Pakistani frontier, which forms its south and eastern sides; its major internal boundaries are with Kabul Province on its west, Langhman and Kunar Provinces to the north; the capital is Jalalabad, nearest town to the Battle of Tora Bora
- Mujahideen : General term for Muslim "holy warriors", especially in Afghanistan.
- Hezb-e-Islami Khalis : The faction of the Hezb-e-Islami party in Afghanistan led by Yunis Khalis, after the split with Gulbuddin Hekmatyar; not the current registered Hezb-e-Islami
- Abdul Haq : A Northern Alliance leader who was killed in 2001 trying to lead an uprising against the Taliban in Afghanistan.
- Taliban : Salafist Islamic militia, governing Afghanistan 1996–2001; still fighting in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Gulbuddin Hekmatyar : Afghan radical jihadist leader, not affiliated with the Taliban, at large in Afghanistan or Pakistan
- Abdul Rasul Sayyaf : An Afghanistan politician and warlord, the only Pashtun leader in the Northern Alliance, and a Wahhabist favoring strict Islamic rule
- Ahmad Shah Massoud : Tajik Military leader of the Northern Alliance against the Taliban in Afghanistan, and a noted fighter against the Soviet-supported government as well as the Soviets; assassinated by al-Qaeda on 9/9/2001; known as the Lion of the Panjshir
- 2001 Bonn Peace Conference : Add brief definition or description
- Hamid Karzai : President of Afghanistan, who took interim office in 2002, was reelected to a full five-year term in 2004, and gained another term after a disputed election in August 2009; Pashtun of the Durrani tribe
- Drug trade : Add brief definition or description