From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- AN- : U.S. military nomenclature for electronic equipment, following the Joint Electronics Type Designation System
- C3I-ISR : Command, control, communications and intelligence, combined with intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance
- E-2 Hawkeye : Designed for the U.S. Navy and used by several other countries, this radar aircraft carries long-range airborne early warning and surface search radar, and has a modest force command & control capability, the latter enhanced by "virtual workstations" on linked ships
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Aircraft carrier : A warship designed to launch and recover combat aircraft and aircraft that support military operations
- E-3 Sentry : Airborne warning and control system (AWACS) aircraft, equipped with a large radar and a battle staff, which can detect aircraft and control combat.
- AN/APY-2 : Air/sea surveillance radar of the E-3 Sentry
- Joint Tactical Information Distribution System : The primary communications system used for sharing tactical information internally, and among NATO, Australia, and other U.S. allies