From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- AN- : U.S. military nomenclature for electronic equipment, following the Joint Electronics Type Designation System
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- Electronics countermeasures suite controller : A computer aboard a protected vehicle, which both aids in situational awareness of weapon and sensor threats to the vehicles, and reduces crew workload in countering the threats. Practical implementations usually include at least one electronic warfare function in the controller, such as a radar warning receiver or electronic warfare expendables dispenser.
- Radar warning receiver : allows detection of a radar that potentially might be able to sense the platform carrying the receiver, but does not give detailed characterization of the radar signal, as needed for electronic intelligence.
- Helicopter : Aircraft with one or more power-driven horizontal rotors, each rotor consisting of two or more rotor blades, that enable it to take off and land vertically, move in any direction, or remain stationary in the air.
- AN/AVR-2 : A first-and-second generation, obsolescent laser warning receiver
- AN/AAR-47 : A threat detector for aircraft; all versions detect the heat of oncoming missiles; modified versions also detect laser designator beams
- AN/ALE-47 : An intelligent countermeasures dispenser for military aircraft, which can receive commands directly from warning receivers, and dispense expendable radar and infrared decoys, as well as manage a retrievable decoy towed via an fiber optic cable
- AN/ALQ-136 : An obsolescent integrated radar detection and jamming system used on U.S. helicopters.
- AN/ALQ-162 : A continuous wave radar jammer, used primarily on helicopters against semi-active radar homing missiles
- Chaff (electronic warfare) : A passive, disposable radar countermeasure using strips of metal foil or aluminized plastic, cut to match the wavelength of the expected radar, and used to send false reflections back to the radar receiver
- Flare (electronic warfare) : An expendable electronic warfare decoy form of infrared countermeasures